Owner: James Mason
- 5700 Monroe Street, Sylvania, OH 43560 / (419) 882-8524
Dave Mason opened his first run specialty door in Delta, OH in 1973. More than 43 years later, Dave’s Performance Footgear has expanded to four stores in the greater Toledo area. Now owned and operated by Dave’s son, James Mason, they pride themselves in providing top notch customer service and outstanding community involvement. The many training groups and races that operate out of the store are there for any level athlete, from beginner to seasoned runner. The shop offers runners and walkers an abundance of the latest apparel, footwear, nutrition and socks galore. Any one of its experienced and knowledgeable staff are ready to help and spend time with each and every customer that comes through the door.
“Dave’s is a special place to come in for great shoes and exceptional customer service. The many layers of community involvement we provide have a profound impact on both our customers and staff.” – Dave Moore
The Dave’s Marathon in Training Group (MIT), is the store’s largest training group of the year. More than 300 runners and walkers with all abilities participate in the group with the goal to complete the Glass City Marathon in early spring. This group has seasoned veterans now coaching different pace groups and motivating their squads at the practices offered throughout the week. The best part of this enthusiastic group is that they train indoors and outdoors during the cold of Toledo’s winter!
STAFF KICK PICKS
TOP 3 RUNS
- Wildwood Metropark: 5100 W Central Avenue, Ottowa Hills, OH 43615
- Sidecut Metropark: 1025 W River Road, Maumee, OH 43537
- Secor Metropark: 10001W Central Avenue, Sylvania, OH 43560
POST-RUN IN TOWN
- Barry Bagels: 4024 N. Holland Road, Sylvania, OH 43623
- Bigby Coffee: 5577 Monroe Street, Sylvania, OH 43560
- 5th Street Pub: 5577 Monroe Street, Sylvania, OH 43560
- Shadow Rep: Erin Heenan
- Sales Rep: Peter Heenan
FOLLOW THEM ON SOCIAL!
By: Erin Heenan, Saucony Shadow Rep