- 114 East Aurora Road, Northfield, Ohio 44067 / (330)-908-3234
In September 2005, Jody Herzog began working at Fleet Feet Cleveland. Herzog had recently gotten his Master’s Degree in Nutritional Biochemistry and was planning to attend med school. Working at Fleet Feet was supposed to be his side project while continuing his education, but shortly after joining the staff his plans changed. Herzog fell in love with the Run Specialty business and by June 2006, he and his wife Heather had taken over as the owners of Fleet Feet Cleveland. At the time, Fleet Feet Cleveland consisted of one location – their Northfield store. Now, after a decade of hard work, their business has grown to four locations around the Cleveland Metropolitan area.
You could say the small business owner lifestyle runs in their blood for Jody and Heather Herzog. Both sets of their parents own small businesses as well, so the sweat equity required to be a successful owner wasn’t new to them why they took over the Fleet Feet Cleveland business. When asked what his favorite part of owning the store is, Herzog talked about the uniqueness of each day. There is always a challenge and no two days are the same, Herzog said. Like the days, the people that make up the Fleet Feet family are one of a kind. Herzog speaks highly of the staff and how they make Fleet Feet Cleveland special.
“We have such an amazing group of people that bring our culture to life,” says Herzog.
Their monthly Pub Runs in the city are a local runner favorite and their presence in the Cleveland racing scene is second to none. Fleet Feet has a close partnership with Hermes, a local racing company, which is a perfect complement to all the training programs the stores offer. Whether you are new to running, coming back to the sport or looking for a BQ Marathon performance, this crew has you covered. Their training programs run year round and are filled with some of the nicest runners you will ever meet. At any workout, you find yourself surrounded by encouragement from mentors, staff and other participants alike. Fleet Feet Cleveland prides themselves on creating a community for getting people active, involved and inviting them to be a part of their family. You will not be disappointed if you choose to join Fleet Feet for a run the next time you are in Cleveland.
Staff Kick Picks
Staff Apparel Picks
TOP 3 RUNS
- Station Road Bridge Trail head: 13513 Station Road, Brecksville, OH 44141 (inside Cuyahoga Valley National Park)
- Mill Stream Run Reservation: 16200 Valley Parkway, Strongsville, OH 44136
- Beachwood City Park: 24625 Shaker Boulevard, Beachwood, OH 44122
Post-run in Town
- First Watch (Breakfast & Lunch): 463 E Aurora Road #100, Macedonia, OH 44056
- Rosati’s Frozen Custard: 95 E Aurora Road, Northfield, OH 44067
- Peppermint Thai Cuisine: 30769 Pinetree Road, Pepper Pike, OH 44124
- Shadow Rep – Michelle Klinger
- Sales Rep – Peter Heenan
FOLLOW THEM ON SOCIAL!
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/FleetFeetCleveland/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/fleetfeetcleveland/
By: Michelle Klinger, Saucony Shadow Rep