Everybody has their go-to playlist.
Whether you like to train with slow jams that keep you in control of your pace plan, or you prefer to blast power ballads at a million BPM's (beats per minute), having a soundtrack can make your training much more fun and effective. Even elite athletes with finely tuned minds and bodies find that music helps them focus, find a flow state, and ultimately perform better on race day. Why? Because science. We caught up with Molly Huddle, two-time Olympian and 10k American Record Holder, and asked her what's currently in her playlist rotation. Molly is gearing up to make her Marathon debut in New York City on 11/6/2016, so it's no surprise that some of her top Strong Songs reflect the hustle and vibe of the Big Apple. Here's what's in Molly's rotation:
- Grown Woman - Beyoncé
- Formation - Beyoncé
- Freedom - Beyoncé & Kendrick Lamar
- Kingston - Brolin
- My Way - Calvin Harris
- Heart of the City (Ain't No Love) - JAY Z
- Empire State of Mind - JAY Z & Alicia Keys
- Feel the Love - John Newman
- Monster - Kanye West, JAY Z, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross, Bon Iver
- Pursuit of Happiness - Kid Cudi
- Second to None - Mapei
- Fade Out Lines - The Avener & Phoebe Killdeer
Is Molly's playlist what you expected? And what are some of your favorite FIND YOUR STRONG Songs? Let us know in the comments!