Owner: Adam & Marie White
- 311 Southwest Water Street, Peoria, IL 61602 / (309) 676-6378
Running Central was founded in 1977. In 2007, Adam White and his now wife, Marie, purchased the store. Since that time, Running Central has remodeled, moved to a larger space expanded that space and then moved to their current location at 311 SW Water Street in the warehouse district of downtown Peoria. The mission of Running Central is “to help improve your experience in this journey called life, one step at a time.” In living this mission and aspiring to set the gold standard for customer service excellence in Central Illinois, the store has been able to reach far beyond “runners” to attract customers of all walks of life. The credit is to their team, whose passion and dedication to their mission is lived out every day and with every customer who walks through the door.
“Our job is to thoughtfully engage with each and every customer who walks through the door. With kindness, care, concern, and compassion we attempt to uncover their individual needs. Then with our team’s knowledge of all the products we carry inside the store, we softly lay solutions at the customer’s feet.” - Adam White
Running Central is more than just a specialty run store. They regard themselves as a retail wellness boutique that happens to sell a decent amount of running shoes. We are a solution center not just for runners, but for kids, seniors, fitness enthusiasts, and everyone in between. At the heart of what they do is to make people smile, feel appreciated, empowered to face personal challenges of any kind, and to make their community the best place to live.
TOP 3 RACES
- Steamboat Classic: Adams & Main, Peoria, IL
- Screaming Pumpkin: Lower Glen Oak Park, Peoria, IL
- Main Street Mile: Main Street & Sheridan Rd, Peoria, IL
POST-RUN IN TOWN
- Rhythm Kitchen Music Café: Great New Orleans style home cooked food and live music.
- Peoria Chiefs: Catch a baseball game.
- Freedom Ink Tattoos: Nothing beats great ink!
- Shadow Rep – Jeremy Edling
- Sales Rep – Julie Faulkner
FOLLOW THEM ON SOCIAL!
By: Jeremy Edling, Saucony Shadow Rep